Sunday, August 14, 2011

The most exciting news of all!!!

We brought home a little souvenir from our trip to Holland. We just found out this past week that our souvenir is a GIRL!!! We are so excited and I am so surprised! I was sure that it was going to be a boy, because I thought pregnancy was pretty similar to being pregnant with Eli. But Devin was guessing all along that it was a girl; he's always right! I was so shocked that it was a girl that it took me a few days to get excited about it but I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT IT!!! We need to get girl clothes and figure out how to incorporate pink and ruffles into our house but we are thrilled! I'm ready for bows and pink and dolls... I think. And am grateful that Eli will take care of all of the manly things like cars and balls to keep our house balanced! I'm 21 weeks along which means that the baby is due Dec. 27th. Here's to a week early delivery (wishful thinking)!!! Now the only thing to do is convince Devin that though she comes from Holland, her name does not need to be Geertruida or Wilhelmia!

5 comments:

Mike and Alicia said...

Yay! Good posts! And congrats again, we're so happy for you guys!

Tara said...

Congrats!! We are so excited for your little family!

Libby said...

I love babies! Congrats :]

Tim, Steph and Jaerick said...

So exciting! Congrats!

Kait Morgan said...

What?! I didn't even know that you were pregnant again. CONGRATS! I'm so excited for you. How perfect to have a boy then a girl. Any names picked out yet?