Wednesday, June 10, 2009

IT'S A BOY!!!

YEAH! We're so excited! We got to see our baby today! We went in for our appointment this morning but our doctor was gone doing an emergency c-section for another patient. But I got all my tests done and the nurse who did it said that we would have to do the ultrasound next time because our doctor does not do ultrasounds before 18 weeks. You see, today, I am 17 weeks and 6 days, yeah, my 18 week mark is tomorrow. But I still had to see the doctor so I went back in this afternoon. Knowing that we wouldn't get an ultrasound, Devin decided to go to class. But when I got there, the receptionist (who apparently has a lot of say in the office) said, "just give her an ultrasound and tell Dr. Broadbent to come talk to me." I went and picked up Devin, good thing campus was literally 2 minutes away, so we got an ultrasound... thanks Receptionist!

When we got in the room, the doctor said, "Why are we doing this? You're not 18 weeks." But he gave in and did the ultrasound anyway. The minute he put the thing on my stomach, the first thing we saw was his "weenie" (as the doctor called it). He said, "There's no question, it's a boy." Anyway, we continued looking around, saw his spine and ribs, stomach, diaphragm, heart, legs, arms, head, we saw him move his little arms and everything looked really good. He's measuring a few days bigger so my due date got moved up to November 9.

Now the only thing we need to do is think of a name for him!

8 comments:

Kayley said...

YAY!!!! Congrats that is so exciting!! Now you can start shopping!! :) Can't wait to see him!

MotherBeck said...

hee hee you said weenie....I know I am so mature. I am SOOOOO excited for you guys!!!!

Paiger said...

Yippee for twig and berries!! WAHOO!!!

Amber said...

Ohhh Melia. I just love this post. I am so excited for you!
Amber

Andrea Forsyth said...

congratulations! little boys are fun:) and congrats on getting the due date move a few days too!

Goodfellow Family said...

Yay Congrats...oh I love little boys....I could have all boys....they are so chill....so excited for you guys. I want to see prego pics. Loves! Are you going to Kayleen's wedding? Oh I wish I could go, will be at a family reunion.

Paiger said...

Melia, Did baby boy leave a tiny card in your button for Devin yesterday?

Tim, Steph and Jaerick said...

Hey This is Stephanie (Bonewell).I haven't seen you since we were little girls! I saw your blog and thought I'd say HEY! Congrats on having a boy! I just had a baby boy! He is almost three months now! Keep in touch! My blog timstephsomerville.blogspot.com if you want to say hey!